SARS is looking for a highly skilled, experienced, results-driven and self-directed forensic investigations specialist with sound judgement and strong business acumen who will contribute towards fulfilling our higher purpose and living our service orientation.
S/he will be responsible to provide expert advice and guidance and direction on multiple cases, projects and programmes, across multiple tax types. lead investigations of a complex nature, and serve as an expert witness when required, in compliance with all legislative requirements.
To provide expert advice, and guidance and direction on multiple cases, projects and programmes, across multiple tax types,lead investigations of a complex nature, and serve as an expert witness when required, in compliance with all legislative requirements.
Education and Experience
Relevant Honors / Postgraduate Diploma (NQF 8) AND 10- 12 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3 – 4 years ideally at management level
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 12 years related experienceJob Objectives
- Formulate and implement tactical fraud investigation strategies and delivery plans relating fraudulent syndicate activity.
- Organise, prioritise and assign different types of investigations in the region.
- Draw on own technical or professional knowledge and experience to identify and recommend organisational solutions to defined problems.
- Keep up to date with own area of expertise and develop technical/professional knowledge base in order to provide effective support and advice.
- Manage and or advice on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Appears as a specialist witness in court and attend to court proceedings as and when required.
- Analyse and make recommendations about improvements to specialist systems, procedures, policies and practices
- Contribute to the optimum utilisation of org. resources, advising on effective planning and development of area of specialisation resource plans.
- Develop multiple practices in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks, supporting tactical development and excellence
- Draw on own technical or professional expertise, knowledge & experience to identify & recommend tactical solutions to defined problems in practices.
- Influence and communicate across business areas impacted by practice area to minimise resistance and ensure on-boarding of new thinking
- Integrate business information, compare, analyse & produce reports to identify trends, discrepancies & inconsistencies for decision making purposes
- Optimise goal achievement through tactical strategy development and optimisation of practises, processes & systems across an internal value chain
- Plan for value-added, continuous multiple practice and system improvement optimisation to deliver on objectives and to enhance tactical excellence.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; developing best practice solutions.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, practice areas and associated procedures and execute the implementation of change and innovation.
- Translate top down policy, apply modification in relation to own practice area and communicate impact to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies in own practice areas to identify and manage risk exposure liability.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice and leadership in area of expertise.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of specialisation.
- Develop & ensure implementation of own practices to build delivery excellence, encouraging others to provide exceptional stakeholder service
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Security Clearance: GOC Secret
- Collection and preservation of evidence and the chain of custody (Investigations)
- Interviewing and interrogation (Investigations)
- Testify in formal and criminal proceedings
- Investigative reporting
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Attention to Detail
- Organisational Awareness
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Building Sustainability
- Criminal Investigation
- Internal Investigation
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Search and Seizure
- Financial Accounting
- Policy analysis
- Business Knowledge
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Efficiency improvement
- Investigative Skills