AVI LIMITED is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centered on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands.
Our brands span a range of categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits, and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel.
We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, which allows us to take advantage of our scale.
Our single-minded purpose is our brands’ growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for a SERVICE ENGINEER (SYSTEMS/NETWORK) at AVI LIMITED IT Shared Services in Cape Town.
The purpose of the role is that the Service Engineer must provide users guidance and first-level support by assisting in problem resolution.
They are to provide high-quality technical and procedural assistance with all aspects of technology.
Responsibilities include the ability to identify, research and resolve technical problems; respond to telephone calls, calls directly assigned to them, emails, and in-person requests for technical support.
Take ownership of technical issues as well as resolve, document, track, and monitor problems. The Service Engineer is tasked with complying with all of the policies and procedures associated with IT Service Management.
Line Manager: Service Engineer – Team Lead
Direct Reports: None
Key Performance Areas:
- Call Resolution at a minimum of 20 Calls Per A Day
- Ensure That Third Party Calls Are Followed Up On
- Ensure Grade Of Service Stays Above 85% On Wallboard
- Ensure Calls Are Resolved Within Agreed SLA
- The job holder’s duties include installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all infrastructure components such as server hardware, patches storage systems, virtualisation platforms, software automation, and monitoring and supporting software systems.
- The incumbent will need to perform close monitoring of the systems using the relevant monitoring tools and react quickly to alerts as well as resolve complex problems as they occur including driving out Alerts.
- He/She will also be responsible for reboots on SAP and other business-critical systems to OS level (which include but is not limited to: SAP ERP, BIW, BOBJ, CRM, Solution Manager, MSBI)
- 3 years’ experience of working in a Service Desk or IT support environment
- 3 years’ experience working with Windows operating systems
- 3 years’ experience supporting handheld devices and tablets such as Samsung, iPhones and iPads
- 3 years’ experience and working knowledge of Networks essential (TCP/IP, DHCP, Ethernet, VPN etc.)
- 3 years’ experience of using Microsoft Active Directory
- 3 years’ experience with Anti-Virus software
- 2 years’ experience with MS Systems Centre Configuration Manager
- Matric/Grade 12
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma or Equivalent in Information Technology would be advantageous
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (Storage and Disk, Data dedupe, HA, DR, Clustering)
- Networking with Windows Server 2016 (DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VPN, DFS, SDN)
- Identity with Windows Server 2016 (AD DS, AD CS, AD FS)
- Valid VCP6.6-DCV (VMWare Certified Professional – DC Virtualisation)
- VMCE (Veeam Certified Engineer v9+)
- MS System Centre (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM, Orchestrator)
- MS EMS (Enterprise Mobility Suite) – RMS, ATA, Intune
- RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
- DCA (Dell Certified Associate) – PowerEdge
- DCP (Dell Certified Professional) – PowerEdge
- DCA (Dell Certified Associate) – Storage
- Valid MCSE
- Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
- Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
- Advanced Technologies of SharePoint 2016
- Skype for Business: Fundamentals
- Skype for Business: Infrastructure Planning and Design
- Troubleshooting Skype for Business 2016
VMCE-ADO (Veeam Certified Engineer v9+ – Advanced Design and Optimisation)
VMCA (Veeam Certified Architect)
RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
Valid VCPA6-DCV Deploy
Valid RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)
DCP (Dell Certified Professional) – SC Series Storage
Valid MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist): Administering and Deploying System Center Configuration Manager
Valid MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist): Administering and Deploying System Center Operations Manager
Technical Competencies & Knowledge:
- Good understanding of MS Office products
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic tools
- Desktop troubleshooting and support
- Networking Methodologies
- Mobile Device Support
- Remote Connectivity Support
- MS Windows Server Competency
- Management and resolution of complex systems issues and outages
- Operation of management and monitoring tools to identify and provide solutions to performance and capacity of systems
- Provide expert support to desk staff ensuring that best practice is applied
- Provide ongoing cross-skilling and training to service desk personnel
- Required to work overtime including after-hours, weekends, and/or public holidays if there is an emergency at work
- Required to work standby from home when required
- Limited requirement to travel to the site if there are not enough Field Engineers and there is an emergency at another site
- Thinking Analytically
- Thinking Rationally
- Building Relationships
- Articulating Information
- Inviting Feedback
- Meeting Deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Maintaining Productivity