This full time position will suit a responsible person who is prepared to work according to the Girls and Boys Town South Africa values. This position carries a competitive salary. Benefits include medical aid and pension.
Girls and Boys Town South Africa (SA) complies with the Employment Equity Act No.55A of1988
Responsibilities and Duties
- Screen and Assess children/youth and families
- Present Assessment to the Campus Assessment Panel
- Report writing
- Formulate Admission Plans for Youth
- Strengthen and Develop Families
- Work in the life space of families
- Formulate and implement Development Plans for Families
- Work within the context of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve the development goals for youth
- Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work completed at a reputable training institution
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act and Juvenile Justice System
- Strength Based Developmental Assessment Training
- Registration with SACSSP
- Driver’s License (Code 10 an advantage)
- PDP will be advantageous
- At least two years or more experience
- Knowledge of and practical experience implementing the Children’s Act, 38 of 2005
- Psycho-social assessments of children; youth and families
- Assessing Developmental needs of children/youth
- Family strengthening and Family Reunification
- Group work with youth
- Registration with the SACSSP
- Bilingual [ability to speak an African language (Tswana/Sotho) preferable]
Personality, Attribute and Abilities of the Applicant
- Driver’s License (Code 8)
- Be prepared to work flexi-hours
- Work both independently and as an active team member
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences
- Maintain professional demeanor while exercising judgment and discretion in work
- Commitment to the mission, values and goals of the organization
Girls and Boys Town, South Africa delivers national services that:
- Focus on the individual needs of youth in family homes and youth development centers, by implementing nationally researched, standardized and specialized child & youth care programmes.
- Improve the healthy development of youth in the broader community through Girls and Boys Town’s national hotline and regional training and resource centers.
- Capacitate parents, caregivers, families, community professionals, educators and others in the field of youth development through training.
- Are sensitive to the need to deliver community based services for youth in greatest need in less resourced communities.