To provide specialist advice and support related to day-to-day computer use and IT system trouble-shooting, problem-solving and education, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar environment
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas [NQF Level 07] in Information Technology and Computer Sciences.
Extensive experience in Software Asset Management:
- Allocations and management of M365 licences.
- Auditing background which is crucial in conducting self audits of all our software product publishers.
- Management and administration of licenses i.e , Microsoft, Oracle, Adobe, Linux, Unix, Cobol, etc.
- Flexera (Software Asset Management tool)- contracting and license management\metrics.
- Hardware Asset Mangement
- Apply relevant research methodologies, tools and techniques to effectively and purposefully gather information.
- Understand and apply existing best practice frameworks to assist in the implementation of identified subject matter processes and standards.
- Provide specialist advice and support in area of accountability to ensure that identified solutions and recommendations are appropriate and effective.
- Comprehensively test solution to ensure delivery according to identified requirements and document changes for recording and governance purposes.
- Configure and troubleshoot computer problems and install and configure org. software through walk in or remote access within agreed SLAs.
- Diagnose and advise users on course of action to remedy IT related problems (hardware, network, system or access problem): within agreed SLAs.
- Accountable for the execution of specialised work including the improvement of quality, standards and outputs within defined work routines and operating procedures.
- Proactively solves problems, determines root-cause and applies solutions in line with guidelines and providing the necessary information to solve problems related to area of specialisation.
- Plan for own task execution and advises on improvements related to area of specialisation.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF) principles to provide specialist support and guidance.
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and procedures to prevent potential losses/wastage related to the area of specialisation.
Learning and Growth
- Interact proactively with others for the purpose of continuous knowledge sharing; and integration of own new knowledge.
- Contribute positively to own area-specific knowledge improvement associated with area of specialisation.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify, rectify and escalate risks where necessary.
- IT Systems (Intermediate)
- Trouble Shooting Ability (Intermediate)
- IT Knowledge (Proficient)
- Research and Information Gathering (Basic)
- Reporting and Interpretation (Basic)
- Customer Advice (Technical) (Basic)
- Professional/Technical learning (Basic)
- Organisation and Attention to Detail (Basic)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness (Basic)
- Problem Solving and Analysis (Basic)
- Teamwork and Cooperation (Basic)
- Communicating with Impact (Basic)
- Relationship Management and Networking (Intermediate)
- Customer Orientation (Basic)
Liberty Group Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and the group’s Transformation Strategy, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards the achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the organisation.