Valenture is an exciting new start-up in the online education space.
Our mission is to evolve what it means to “go” to school by transforming physical limitations into digital opportunities.
We do this by providing students worldwide with a fully supported, global online high school experience, steeped in academic excellence and rooted in sustainable practices.
We believe in providing more than just a quality online education – we’re dedicated to building and empowering a purpose-driven, global student body and equipping them to make the best of both their individual and collective futures.
As a Software Engineer in our Integrations team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of our middleware platform, including our integration layer, microservices, and APIs.
- Design, develop, document and maintain high performance and high quality middleware software, algorithms, specifications, services, data models, workflows and integrations.
- Troubleshoot, debug, triage and resolve production issues and bugs.
- Implement unit tests and benchmarking.
- Perform code and technical reviews.
- Routinely refactor and optimise codebases.
- Deploy code and monitor releases in mission-critical production environments.
- Research and implement software engineering best practices and design patterns.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- 5+ years software development experience
- BSc Comp Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- Proficient with Golang, Kubernetes, AWS, Linux, NATS, and Postgres
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in high pressure environments
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Proven track record of building complex, high throughput APIs and backend services
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Experience integrating with Salesforce, Google, Xero, Moodle APIs
- GraphQL, Docker, NodeJS, Python, Helm, Hasura, and Gitlab CI/CD experience
- Remote work
- Voluntary savings Programme
- Family member discount to Valenture Institute
Valenture Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Appointments will be in accordance to our Employment Equity Plan.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: