Bidvest International Logistics (BIL) is in pursuit to employ a Superintendent (FMCG) to assist the Facility Manager in ensuring that the employees are administering stock management within the BIL WMS, throughout the operational processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate, or relevant equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Minimum two years industry related experience.
- Sound level of computer proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills, customer relationship management skills, leadership qualities, organisational skills, etc.
- Knowledge of warehousing operations.
- Housekeeping Responsibilities.
- Employee has a responsibility to ensure that all poor housekeeping standards are reported to the Facility Manager.
- Employee must ensure that the 5S methodology, is driven and maintained throughout his/her areas of responsibility, and that suitable 5S champions are appointed within such areas.
- Employee will be responsible for all 5S standards not maintained within his/her area of responsibility Client Interaction.
- Ensure that all client e-mails are responded to within 24 hours of receipt.
- Maintain and manage an outlook folder, for each client, in which all e-mailed communique for that relevant client is stored for all closed items.
- All client complaints are escalated to the Facility Manager Inbound Receipts.
- Ensure that inbound receipts are off-loaded as per the inbound plan, by appointing the relevant resources.
- All products are inspected, for damages, accuracy, and compliance levels upon receipts.
- Any damages, received upon receipt, must be isolated within designated quarantine area Picking Process.
- Assign sufficient resources to picking requirements for all clients under your scope of responsibility.
- Sufficient checking resources to accurately check picking accuracies prior to dispatch.
- All picking accuracy anomalies are addressed within the BIL Industrial Relations Policy Stock Takes.
- Compile a plan for all relevant stock-takes, including planning the relevant resources required.
- Stock take plan accounts for all FMCG clients to be counted monthly, and that the plan is adhered to.
- Relevant cycle counts are conformed to and variances addressed Billing.
- All raw source documents are accurately captured into respective client billing schedules in relation to billing activities on a daily basis.
- All outbound activities must be captured into billing schedules, prior to the dispatch of the stock out of the warehouse.
- Accurate billing schedules are submitted to finance in line with monthly deadlines Material Handling Equipment.
- Maintain all material handling equipment to high levels of cleanliness.
- Ensure that all relevant electrical machines are placed on charge at the end of each shift.
- Ensure that there is a checklist system in place that are maintained during all periods of handover of material handling equipment form one operator to another Chep Pallet Pool Management.
- Must be managed to mitigate any pallet losses to BIL.
- Empty pallets are returned to CHEP at the very least twice a week.
- Review Chep accounts for any transfers, queries and disputes and actively address as much.