Internal/ External Advert
- The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
- SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities.
- To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy.
- More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
- SANSA is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining employees who are passionate about the success of the national space industry. Personal growth, which is one of our values, encourages employees to invest time in education and training through bursaries and training courses offered to them.
- SANSA thrives on our employees’ creativity, competencies, and expertise, and on their ingenuity to succeed in a high performing environment.
- If you aspire to the SANSA values of Service, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Personal Growth and Excellence, and living these in a fast paced and innovative environment, then SANSA could be the place for you.
The following opportunity exists at the Space Operations programme situated in Hartebeeshoek, Gauteng to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications and who puts the interests of the nation first, has a commercial mind-set, thinks like our customers, knowledge driven and people centric.
Supply Chain Management Administrator (Permanent)
The successful candidate will be responsible for supply chain management administration for Space Operations including demand, acquisition, logistics, performance, and risk management.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct supplier market research
- Continually research new vendors and products to obtain best-value purchasing for SANSA
- Facilitate purchase requests and ensure they are aligned to the procurement plans/budget
- Draft and send out request for quotation (RFQ) for procurement below R30 000
- Support and guide end users in the preparation of specification and conduct market research where necessary to ensure the specification criteria are adequate/clear
- Evaluating the quotations received in conjunction with the project owner
- Selecting a supplier and negotiating with suppliers as required
- Verify suppliers to confirm registration on the central supply database (CSD)
- Capture suppliers on the ERP system
- Create purchase orders (POs) and send out the POs to suppliers
- Support the SCM Officer as required in the procurement of products and services above R30K but below R1 million including compiling of bid/quotations and chairing of the BSC and BEC committees
- Support the SCM Practitioner from an administrative perspective in the tender process above R1 million
- General administration work g., filing and document management
- Liaising with suppliers with regards to any procurement queries and issues
- Manage procurement in a manner that all policies and procedures are adhered to (including market research, turnaround times )
- Retain and file procurement documentation to support the audit and the audit trail
- Work towards clean audits and ensure no irregular expenditures by business units in the procurement process
- All procurements are done within the agreed turnaround times and reasons
The ideal candidate will have:
- National Diploma/ Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, or related
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Supply Chain Administrator or
- Procurement experience in a technical environment at a State-Owned Environment or government institution.
- Experience on Sage system procurement modules
- Knowledge of: PFMA, Treasury Regulations, PPPFA, SCM Guidelines for Accounting Officers and related
- The ability to interact at all levels, excellent computer skills in MS Office, professionalism to handle sensitive / confidential information discreetly, the ability to take initiative and good problem-solving
- Valid drivers license.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
SANSA subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all persons disabilities.