Our Development team ensure production can be scaled up whilst remaining stable, effective, deliverable and safe. Following formulation, cutting edge computer modelling techniques are used to simulate outcomes and, if successful, PKPD and toxicity studies bring the science one step closer to giving hope to patients.
- Operate as a member of the Veterinary Services Department (VSD team).
- Provide technical veterinary and product support to the marketing and sales team.
- Develop technical training material for internal and external customers, as well and provide training to the marketing and sales force, as well as external customers.
- To assist and coordinate marketing and commercial training assistance to the sales and marketing efforts (including distributors) of the Ethical and OTC Sales Teams.
- Investigate and conclude pharmacovigilance related matters, such as product quality complaints and reported adverse events.
Business and New Product Development:
- Assist with the business development process, in support of the Business Development and Technical Lead, in order to further the company’s efforts in achieving financial targets and future growth.
Marketing services / training:
- To ensure the provision of professional marketing support services and training to the sales force and the Company’s customers.
To support the product managers / specialist with technical knowledge and assistance to ensure that business objectives for the Animal Health livestock product range are achieved or exceeded. To help safeguard and improve the market position of the company in South Africa and designated neighbouring countries
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BVSc (or equivalent) veterinary degree and ruminant medicine experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, with marketing and business management experience
- Thorough understanding of ruminant immunology, vaccinology and the dairy industry in South Africa
- Strong familiarity with the cooperative & rural veterinarian market.
- Marketing experience and business management experience would be advantageous.
- We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Other Opportunities You Might Like: