You will assume the function of an Managed Services Engineer which requires a high level of compliance and service delivery to a wide range of clients who have outsourced their IT support to Content + Cloud. This includes the monitoring and management of client backups, routers and firewalls, servers, and device endpoints to ensure issues are handled proactively with minimal impact on the client. Resolving issues efficiently, identifying and correcting trends is a key part of the role.
Reporting to the Team Manager, the key deliverables of our Managed Services Engineers can be summarized as follows:
- Delivery of quality proactive managed services across the Content + Cloud client base
- Network Operations Centre – Monitoring of client infrastructure, both On-prem and Cloud based
- Backup Management – Veeam, DPM, ASR
- Firewall Management – FortiGate mostly
- Endpoint Management and Managed AV – Bitdefender, Symantec
- Patch Management – delivery of security patching across all server builds
- Professional and compliant ticket handling of escalated critical issues needing high level attention
- Management of risk and downtime during maintenance windows
- Proactive assessment of events to reduce incident trends
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
- Daily proactive service checks around toolset, client, and ticket volumes
Location and environment
- This role will be based in Century City, Cape Town, although hybrid or remote working from SA is an option.
- You will work amongst a team split across London, Cape Town and Manchester offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a hardworking but fun environment.
- We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
Required skills and capabilities
- Solid previous experience in supporting or managing Microsoft networks and associated technologies
- Experience with the following Technologies are most suited:
- Networking and Firewalls – Cisco, Dell, Fortinet
- Microsoft Servers 2008 – 2019
- Linux Servers – Administering and troubleshooting is beneficial
- Cloud platforms – O365, Azure, AWS, Mimecast (Azure being key requirement)
- RMM and Professional Monitoring toolsets
- Backup solutions – Backup Exec, VEEAM, Ahsay, DPM, ASR
- You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to plan well and be organized in your approach to work independently is vital
- Good understanding of ITIL framework and processes is paramount to working with other teams including Incident/Problem Management
Generic essential individual attributes:
- Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas
- Very good technical understanding of modern technology stacks
- Able to prioritize under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organization skills
- Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
- Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
- Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation’s
- Must be able to laugh, have respect for other humans and a desire to learn\
- Role based out of our Century City offices ( Full remote work is possible)
- 40 – 45 hours per week
- Retirement Fund & Medical Aid
- Death, Funeral and Disability cover
- 20 days’ annual leave + Birthday Leave & Wedding leave (5 additional days towards your honeymoon)
- Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities…)
- Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content+Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.