- To coordinate and consolidate learning and development needs in line with the operating plan.
- To develop and implement an annual learning and development calendar in line with budget and transformation targets in order to build organisational capability.
- To ensure delivery of learning and development interventions in line with quality standards in order to achieve learning outcomes and business objectives.
- To monitor and evaluate learning and development interventions and delivery in order to ensure positive business and learner impact as well as continuous improvement.
- To ensure coordination, completion and submission of the WSP/ATR in line with business and SETA requirements and to optimise skills development grants.
- To develop and implement a graduate and pharmacy intern development programme in order to address scarce and critical skills and build a talent pipeline.
- To develop and implement continuing professional development (CPD) curriculum for healthcare professionals in order to maintain professional registration and continuous updating of professional knowledge and skills.
- To develop and implement management development interventions for middle and senior managers in order to build generic management capability.
- To ensure compliance to group policies, quality assurance standards and regulatory requirements.
- To manage resources in order to deliver the operating plan and business needs.
- Learning and development theories and principles; HR management; labour legislation; Skills Development Act, BBBEE, EE Act, Organisational behaviour and psychology
- Knowledge of leadership and management development theories and principles
- Desireable: Knowledge of the health and pharmacy regulatory environment
Job Related Skills:
Development of learning material; learning facilitation; planning and organising; training needs analysis; project management; presentation skills; budgeting and financial management, administration and people management
Learning assessment and moderation
- Essential: 5-8 years L and D specific, with 5 years in management in a large, multi-site organisation
- Desirable: 2 years experience of training delivery within a FMCG/ retail environment
- Essential: 4 year pharmacy tertiary qualification, (B Pharm degree)
- Essential: Registered Assessor essential
- Desirable: Registered Moderator
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Persuading and Influencing