Ensure the effective running of the warehouse department, inclusive but not confined to the managing of picking, stock transfers, receiving, deviation reporting, cycle counts, cage allocation and document flow ensuring stats, productivity, are followed.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate.
- Warehouse related Tertiary Qualification will be advantageous.
- At least 5 years warehousing experience.
- Experience must have been gained in a dynamic FMCG environment.
- WMS knowledge a recommendation.
- Fluency in both Afrikaans and English a pre-requisite.
- Pro-active and task-orientated.
- Must be willing to work extended hours.
- Responsible for opening and control of the Warehouse.
- Manage the off-loading and GRV-ing of incoming product.
- Recording, loads received, pallets received, cases received, hours worked, assets and cost of assets used, to determine a cost per case or per pallet.
- Managing the update of inbound stock correctly both physically and systematically.
- Management of the storing, picking, checking and cage allocation activities within the Warehouse.
- Ensuring productivity stats are utilised to determine cost per case, unit, pallet or part thereof that is picked, packed and loaded.
- Extra’s and overs that are picked are followed up on and closed out officially each time.
- WMS management and reporting thereof, suspense account, adjustment account, damages, hospital, interface errors, slow moving stock, unallocated stock, released stock, locked stock blocked stock, expiry stock and asset control.
- De-brief control in stock returns, stock shorts, stock extra’s, credit sign offs, POD management.
- Relevant H&S programme, and relevant SOP’s.
- Strict control and management over expiry dates and short dated stock.
- Stocktakes, planning thereof, teams, count procedures, SOP’s, results, variance checks, counting accuracy of teams or individuals, sign off thereof.
- Record stock deviation in the suspense, adjustments, damages, accounts.
- Managing staff performance information daily accumulating into monthly benchmarks and best practise, ensuring best practise is rewarded.
- Ensure implementation of best practice procedures within the Warehouse as far as housekeeping, health and safety, cycle counts, variance reports, damages, stock-takes, and forklift battery procedures are concerned.
- Pallet Control.
- Revenue & Billing schedules: storage revenue for clients, schedules for clients and billing, reverse logistics billing, ad-hoc billing, accountable for total warehouse revenue generation.
- Racking reports, temperature reports, uplift management, waste management, cage maintenance, warehouse utilisation, budgeting, monthly cost reviews.
- Ensure accurate recording and conveyance of incoming pallets and outgoing damage transfers to various clients.
- KPI Reporting – LEAN schedules, productivity stats.
- Warehouse security of turnstile staff, general roller door and cage closing, and debrief access.
- Wage and staff management and sign off daily, daily register, overtime monitoring, casuals