Main Purpose of Job
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Software Developer to join our software design team.
You will report directly to the Development Manager and assist with all functions of software coding and design.
Your primary focus will be to develop and enhance functionality across the current platforms and also drive innovation for new development requirements.
To ensure success as a new team member, you will also assist with client support queries, issues resolution and solution deployments.
This will assist greatly in enhancing your understanding the of both the systems and environments they are used in.
You should have a very good understanding of programming across multiple languages, the ability to learn new technology quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Provide exceptional client service in person, phone and email as appropriate.
- Appropriately handling all client issues including troubleshooting and providing feedback to the customer.
- Supports clients per the details contained in the client maintenance and support contracts.
- Provides Level 1/2 Support to clients – resolving technical issues / error messages encountered by clients in a live production environment.
- Technical quality control on new software/solutions. Testing – perform any necessary software / hardware / device testing (internal and external) and documenting outcomes/specifications of these testing/UAT session.
- Attending design sessions (internal and external) and documenting specifications of these sessions.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2-3 years of professional software development experience.
- Highly proficient in database design and SQL.
- Highly proficient in a server-side language such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, or PHP.
- Experience with CSS/HTML.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to drive projects to completion in a fast-moving environment.
- Application architecture and design patterns.
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
Desired Qualifications / Skills:
- Analysing information
- General programming skills
- Software design
- Software debugging
- Software documentation
- Software testing
- Problem solving
- Software development fundamentals
- Software development process
- Software requirements
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.